Module 7 Assignment 1 - Literary Analysis Research Essay
Module 7: Assignment 1: Literary Analysis Research Essay
1. Write a Literary Analysis Research Essay on “Into the Wild” by Jon Krakauer
2. Students are encouraged to watch the movie as well.
3. Write a literary analysis research essay based on one of the SUGGESTED TOPICS.
Obtained from: https://owlcation.com/humanities/100-Great-Research-Paper-TopicsLinks to an external site.
1. Gender roles - How are the roles of men and women portrayed in the book?
2. Historical background - What was the significance of this book when it was written? How does it reflect the society and beliefs of its time?
3. Politics - What issues in politics does this book address? Discrimination? Rights? Equality?
4. Religion - How is this book religious? What beliefs is it promoting or questioning?
5. Symbolism and literary devices-What are important symbols in the book? How are literary devices used? How are they significant?
Guidelines for your essay:
1. 750-1000, words (body of paper - not the works cited or headers)
2. Ensure your paper’s thesis is an arguable thesis and well-supported by evidence from the literature being discussed.
3. Structure the paper with an introductory paragraph.
4. Use the topic of each body paragraph to present an argument that directly supports that thesis and supplies evidence.
5. Within each body paragraph, use logical reasoning and evidence from literary text to prove your point of argument.
6. Include (and cite within the paper) at least three quotations from the literary analysis work you are discussing.
7. Use signal phrases to integrate all quotations.
8. Include a references page (bibliography, reference, etc.) that cites each literary work you used in an anthology or as a work from an online source.
9. USE APA (7th edition) to format the paper, and the citations and works cited page.
10. Revise and edit content, clarity, organization, grammar, and spelling
11. Submit the WORD document by the due date for evaluation.
Be sure to review the academic expectations for your submission.
· Contribute a minimum of one page and 750 to 1000 words. It should include academic sources, formatted and using the correct APA citation.