Module 5 - Poetry Analysis Essay
Module 5: Poetry Analysis Essay
In this course, students learn how to hone their writing to articulate their arguments better, conduct research and evaluate sources, record their research in an academic paper, and deliver their findings in a presentation format. In the assignments in this course, students will demonstrate what they have learned by selecting a research topic, choosing their sources, developing their argument, writing a research paper, and delivering a final project.
In this activity, you will apply the acquired knowledge to write a Poetry Analysis Essay that complies with the format presented in the module.
1. Read and hear the poem "Perfect" by Maia Mayor, available at: https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/perfect-160/Links to an external site.
2. Used the guidelines discussed in this module to write a Poetry Analysis Essay about that poem.
3. Make sure to use the standard 5 paragraph essay format for this assignment.
4. Submit the assignment by the due date for evaluation.
· Quality of presentation of the substantive issues demonstrates an understanding of the topic and knowledge of the topic
· Writing level: writing is clear concise, and arguments are logical
· Citations: appropriate use of relevant sources
Be sure to review the academic expectations for your submission.