NSG 291 - Discuss the different components of the Nursing
Question # 00508812 Posted By: Updated on: 04/07/2017 09:18 AM Due on: 04/07/2017
Discuss the different components of the Nursing Process/Standards of Practice as described by the American Nursing Association.
Can you answer the following questions?
- BOOK: Nursing: Scope & Standards of Practice
- What is the definition of Nursing?
- Why do we have the Professional Nursing’s Scope and Standards of Practice?
- What are the Nursing’s Scope and Standards of Practice? What purpose do they serve?
- What are the 5 tenets of Nursing Practice?
- What is the difference between Scope of Practice and Nurse Practice Act?
- List the 6 Standards of Practice/ nursing process
- What are the Standards of Professional Performance
- What is professional competence in nursing practice?
- Why is professional competence in nursing practice important?
- How do we measure professional competence in nursing practice?
- Does the population of nurses represent the population as a whole? Why or why not?
- What is nursing research and evidenced-based practice? Why is it important?
- How does a nurse identify her/himself as a “specialist” in nursing?
- What is Advanced Practice Nursing? How does a nurse obtain this status?
- Why do we stress advocacy in nursing?