Discussion - The 7 Wastes, Waste is a critical problem in any organization
The 7 Wastes
Waste is a critical problem in any organization and has been targeted specifically in many performance improvement efforts. Take a look at the discussion on “7 wastes” in Chapter 8.
1. Which of these have you experienced the most in your organization?
2. Which of the common causes listed do you think contributes most to this waste?
3. How can supply management help reduce this waste? Explain.
One of the most important processes that organizations perform is the evaluation, selection, and continuous measurement of suppliers. In the past, it was sufficient to award the contract to the supplier offering the lowest price. These days we commit major resources to evaluating a supplier’s performance and capability across many different areas. You will cover not only the selection of suppliers, but also the management of their quality
Based on your readings in this unit, answer the following questions, with explanations (do not simply name concepts and move on):
1) Among the concepts you have learned, which do you think is most useful to you or your organization?
2) Which concept(s) caused the most confusion in this unit?
3) Which concept(s) did you wish went into further detail, either because you are interested or because it’s too complex for the coverage it received?
Solution: Discussion - The 7 Wastes, Waste is a critical problem in any organization