Week 7 - State your purpose, Do this clearly and concisely
Write an outline or a proposal for what you will submit for your final Signature Assignment. Your professor will provide feedback on this assignment to help you finalize your Signature Assignment.
The thought of writing a proposal overwhelms many people, but the task does not have to be daunting. Proposals are written when people need to ask permission to make a purchase, do a project, or write a paper; the proposal is a formal way of putting forth an idea and asking for action to be taken on that idea. When writing a proposal, consider who will read the proposal and what that person may or may not already know about what you are proposing.
Follow these steps when writing a proposal if you have selected this option rather than an outline:
1. State your purpose. Do this clearly and concisely so that the reader knows immediately why you are writing.
2. Provide background information about why you are proposing your suggestion so that the reader has a better understanding of the problem.
3. State a solution to the problem; this is where you give specifics about your suggestion(s).
4. Continue with any costs that will be involved.
5. Conclude by restating the problem and proposed solution.
Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included. Length: 2-3 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University's Academic Integrity Policy.