Rasmussen NUR2058 Dimensions of Nursing Exam 1
Dimensions Exam 1
1. The establishment of a professional organization is one of the most important defining characteristics of a profession
2. In its attempt to gain freedom and independence, what corresponding factors must the nursing profession embrace?
3. Licensure and certification are both methods of granting credentials to demonstrate that an individual is qualified to provide safe care to the public.
4. What is a type of nursing education program conducted in junior and community colleges that is nominally 2 years in length?
5. Evidence-based practice is the practice of nursing in which interventions are based on data from research that demonstrates that they are appropriate and successful.
6. Licensure is conducted by the state through the enforcement powers of its regulatory boards to protect the public's health, safety, and welfare by establishing professional standards.
7. Identify the element that is the best indicator of increasing accountability in the profession of nursing.
8. What health care service targets rehabilitative services, long-term care, and care of the dying?
9. Identify the approach that describes a profession as being in a continual state of development along a continuum.
10. Being disrespectful to a classmate or an instructor in school would not be an issue of incivility
11. Select the trait of a profession that some experts feel nursing falls short in
12. What is the primary goal of establishing licensure of nurses?
13. Both Nursing faculty and nursing students have reported that incivility is a moderate issue in nursing education
14. Which characteristic of health care in ancient civilizations distinguishes it from the health care of today?
15. Select the most effective method that nurses can use to gain power over their practice.
16. A federally funded national health insurance program in the United States for people older than 65 years old is known as which of the following?
17. tration is the listing, or registering, of names on an official roster after certain pre-established criteria have been met.
18. What is a group of jobs that is similar in type of work and found throughout an industry or country?
19. Known as the founder of modern nursing, who served during the Crimean war, making large improvements on mortality rates?
20. What is the key element in relationship-centered nursing care?
21. Which statement best describes nursing education in the United States during the 1800s and early 1900s?
22. What is the most serious consequence of bullying and intimidation in the workplace?
23. In the time of Florence Nightingale, the nursing cap signified nurses’ devotion to:
24. What regulates the practice of nurses and protects the public, defines the scope of practice and holds nurses accountable for their actions?
25. What contribution to professional nursing is Loretta Ford credited with?
B) Raising education standards
26. What type of service targets a caring and supportive environment to terminally ill clients, their families, other support persons and has a central concept of improving or maintaining the quality of life until death occurs?
27. What is the underlying principle upon which all definitions of civility are built?
28. What is acute care of sick persons that is provided in hospitals called?
29. Identify an important function that a nurse serving in an occupational health clinic would be required to perform
30. Which category of advanced practice nurses is the most widely accepted by the public?
31. Identify the primary purpose for the development of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) project?
32. What are common characteristics usually found in LPN educational programs?
33. Select the element of the medical practice of Hippocrates that remains appropriate for the health-care providers of the 21st century.
34. What is an example of horizontal violence?
35. A client is being discharged from the hospital and will require help with bathing, eating and skilled nursing care. Which of the following will be the best facility for this client’s needs?
36. The Affordable Care Act has eliminated pre-existing illness limits to obtain health insurance.
37. Which element increases the likelihood of incivility?