Week 2 Economics - Your company would like a presentation
Week 2 Economics
Your company would like a presentation of your findings on maximizing profit, pricing decisions, and strategic cooperation at the quarterly board of directors meeting.
Help with this Unit 2 project is in Chapters 12 and 13 of Managerial Economics: Foundations of Business Analysis and Strategy.
In your presentation, you will outline how managers can determine the conditions for the optimal output level. Address the following in your presentation:
- Two slides: Identify and describe a competitor to the company you chose in Unit 1 (Keep in mind that the decision-making process for a monopoly applies to any firm with market power).
- One slide: Explain competitive advantage.
- Three slides: Compare their strategies to determine their best plan of action, including deciding upon the optimal price and output of their product or service, product differentiation, or some other strategic variable.
- Three slides: Show how firms should allocate production among multiple production facilities.
- Two slides: Analyze how firms in oligopolies position themselves to be successful.
- Four slides: Show how firms in oligopolies can cooperate to make themselves better off than they would be in a non-cooperative Nash equilibrium.
Deliverable Requirements: Your maximizing profit, pricing decisions, and strategic cooperation findings is a PowerPoint presentation of at least 15 slides in length (excluding title and reference slides). You must use the Notes sections with academic citations supporting your decisions and analysis. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. Be sure to cite sources using the APA style, including references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 15 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 15 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the presentation. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.