Week 1 - Economics For The Global Manager
Economics For The Global Manager Week 1
You have been hired as the manager in charge of economic development for a company of national and international scope to present a market structure, competitive environment, and analysis of elasticity of demand.
Help with this Unit 1 project is in Chapters 1, 2, and 6 of Managerial Economics: Foundations of Business Analysis and Strategy. Address the following in your presentation:
- One slide: Choose a company that sells products or services at a national and global level. You can search a company using this link. Keep in mind that you will be using this same company in each unit for your final economic analysis presentation.
- Two slides: Does the company you chose to utilize the monopolistically competitive market model? Why or why not? If not, which model is a better fit?
- Three slides: How does your company apply specific economic concepts to compete within that market?
- Two slides: Is this market in equilibrium? Is there a surplus or shortage?
- Four slides: Choose 2 successful competitors of your company
- Compare their strategies with your company’s strategy.
- Examine their use of critical economic concepts as part of their success.
- Three slides: Analyze how companies in a monopolistically competitive market position themselves to be successful.
Deliverable Requirements: Your market structure and competitive environment and elasticity analysis is a PowerPoint presentation of at least 15 slides in length (excluding title and reference slides). You must use the Notes sections with academic citations supporting your decisions and analysis. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. Be sure to cite sources using the APA style, including references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 15 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 15 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the presentation. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.