IFSm201 Paper C1: Topic Selection (Individual) -
Paper C1: Topic Selection (Individual) - Research on an existing or emerging technology and its related ethical issues.
This is the start of a three part assignment, consisting of Papers C1, C2, and C3. For the first part or C1:
- Select Topic – Select a digital ethical issue for your research that is caused by the existing or emerging technology. You will utilize this research topic for Paper C2 (Individual Research Paper) and C3 (Study Group PowerPoint presentation). Following is a link to some suggested topical ideas you may want to consider as a candidate for this assignment. Be sure to keep in mind that the technology aspects of this assignment are different from those of Paper A (Application of decision makingframeworks to IT-related ethical issues) or Paper B1 and B2, which dealt with aspects of organizational policy.
The above link will enable you to find articles on ethics in many fields and disciplines, please remember that the emphasis on this paper is on digital technology and the ethical issue(s) with its use
- Topic Title – Begin with a topic title that describes what you will research in Paper C2.
- Explain the reason for your topic selection briefly in a paragraph of at least 150 words.
- In addition, please determine three critically important questions you would like to address regarding your topic, in your C2 individual research paper. Include a written description (100 words) for each question that includes why that question is critically important.
- The objective in developing and posing these questions is to stage your research and guide your preparation of the final C–2 Research Paper, so that one or more ethical principles are applied and explained as a result of your research. This process helps you establish a thesis for your research.
- Lastly, provide at least three proposed reference sources, at least two of which must be from the library database (or an equivalent academic database), which you plan to use to address (i.e., research) the three questions. These proposed reference sources must have clickable and persistent URLs.
Remember: the emphasis on this paper is on digital technology and the ethical issue(s) with its use! Remember to follow all APA formatting requirements. You must secure feedback and approval of your topic described in C1 from the instructor before proceeding with your research!
Paper C2 (Individual) – Individual research paper on existing or emerging technology and its related ethical issues.
This is the second part of a three-part assignment, an individual assignment to research an existing or emerging technology and its ethical impact using the Web for the topic and questions that you selected for Paper C1. Please ensure that your research for this assignment addresses the ethical issues of an existing or emerging technology!
Prepare a minimum 3- 5 page, double-spaced paper and submit it to the Assignments Module as an attached Microsoft Word file. Indicate appropriate APA compliant reference citations for all sources you use. In addition to critical thinking and analysis skills, your paper should reflect appropriate grammar and spelling, good organization, and proper business-writing style.