Analyzes the art through the lens of a descriptive critic
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
• Textbook: Chapter 3, 4 • Lesson • Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
Select a work of art from any of the chapters in our textbook, and write a response that analyzes the art through the lens of a descriptive critic, an interpretive critic, and an evaluative critic. What different things would these critics have to say? Use the following guidelines:
• Descriptive Critic: Address at least 3 different elements of art and/or principles of design.
• Interpretive Critic: This will require research so that you can understand the subject, meaning, and intent of the work.
• Evaluative Critic: Use the standards of perfection, insight, and inexhaustibility (as described in the text).
• Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up) • Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside
source) • APA format for in-text citations and list of references •