STRCB581 Competency 2 Assessment - Strategic Planning & Implementation
STRCB/581 Competency 2 Assessment
Title: Strategic Planning & Implementation
Competency Assessment Title: Strategic Analysis
Total Number of Points: 100
Assignment Directions Step 1: Choose a Company In the first Competency Assessment, you completed a SWOT analysis on a successful company that demonstrated a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace. Now you will shift your focus to look at a company that is failing or experiencing challenges in the area of financial performance.
Select and research a company that is having financial difficulties or is on the brink of bankruptcy. You may also choose to use your current employer or a company you've worked for in the past as long as you have sufficient data to complete the assignment.
Review “Where Can I Find a Company's Annual Report and Its SEC Filings?” from Investopedia.
You can also access specific information about a variety of businesses in the University Library by searching the following databases:
• University Library > Databases > B > Business Source Complete • University Library > How Do I > Company Information > Find Annual Reports > EDGAR (SEC Filings) • University Library > Databases > P > Plunkett Research Online
Step 2: Write an Analysis Conduct a strategic analysis of the company’s current financial operations. Determine strategies for achieving a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace and increasing financial performance.
Write a 750- to 1000-word strategic analysis. When writing your analysis, complete the following:
• Evaluate the company’s current financial plan, including charts and/or graphs showing financial data from the struggling company and make recommendations for improvement.
• Determine strategies for achieving a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace and increasing financial performance.
• Create a plan to implement the strategies you selected.
• Include at least 3 sources.