Supply Chain Risk Management - Assume the role of a supply chain
Supply Chain Risk Management
[WLOs: 1, 3] [CLOs: 4, 5, 6]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read sections 12.1–12.3 in Chapter 12 and sections 17.0–17.3 in Chapter 17 of the required textbook, Operations and Supply Chain Management. In addition, read pages 383–387 in Logistics and Supply Chain Risk and UncertaintyLinks to an external site., Walmart: 3 Keys to Successful Supply Chain Management Any Business Can FollowLinks to an external site., and The Effect of Top Management Involvement on Supply Chain Risk Management Through Buyer-Supplier RelationshipLinks to an external site..
For this class, the Supply Chain Management final presentation will apply toward Folio. Be sure to upload your PowerPoint presentation to Folio once you have completed it, and share a link in your submission in addition to uploading it to Waypoint to be graded. If you are not already familiar with Folio, please view the Folio Quick Start GuideLinks to an external site..
Assume the role of a supply chain manager within an organization of your choice. Executive management has requested from you a presentation concerning supply chain risks associated with the organization and an action plan to mitigate those risks. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation to present your plan to the higher-level executives.
In your presentation,
- Identify three types of supply chain risks (one slide).
- Develop an action plan to mitigate the risks (two to three slides).
- Review how technology will be used to understand the voice of the customer (one to two slides).
- Define what type of performance measures will be used to monitor the risks or when the customer’s expectations change (one to two slides).
- Explain how the supply chain manager will use the basic lean tools and approaches to provide a quality product, on-time, and at the lowest cost (two to three slides).
The Supply Chain Risk Management Final Presentation
- Must be seven to 11 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and 100–125 words of speaker notes and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint PresentationLinks to an external site. resource. This should be a professional presentation, limited in verbiage and balanced in graphics. No oral component is required.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least six scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ DirtyLinks to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.