Business Finance - Operations Management, Decide on the product or service
Business Finance - Operations Management Homework Sub
Decide on the product or service you will utilize for the development of your holistic supply chain management strategy, implementation, and sustainment. Use the sample questions for Chapters 1 and 2 provided in the Part 1 section below to guide your product or service selection.
· Develop a forecasting, capacity, and sales and operations plan for the product or service you selected. Use the sample questions for Chapters 3, 4, and 8 provided in the Part 1 section below to guide your product or service selection.
· Develop a manufacturing or service plan (depending on whether you selected a product or a service) for the product or service you selected. Use the sample questions for Chapters 6 and 7 provided in the Part 1 section below to guide your product or service selection. Submit the Supply Chain Plan Part 1 deliverable at the end of the week.
Guidelines for the Supply Chain Plan Part 1 assignment are as follows.
· It should be a 7-page written paper (double spaced), Times New Roman, and 10 font.
· Directly apply the concepts of Modules 1, 2, and 3 to your selected product or service.
· Each weighted section should be one page. (please ensure)
· See the table below for section details.
· Do NOT list any personal information (i.e., phone number, address, et al.).
Description of the selected product or service
· Describe the specific product or service.
· Describe the primary function of the product or service.
· Describe any other information you believe is critical to an understanding of the product or service supply chain.
Chapter 1 Considerations: Operations and Supply Chain Management
· Describe the operations and supply process (planning, sourcing, making, delivering, and returning).
· Describe any current issues (coordinating relationships, optimization, customer touch points, and senior management awareness).
Chapter 2 Considerations: Strategy and Sustainability
· Using some (not all) competitive dimensions, detail the link to the supply chain.
· What are some trade-off considerations, and how do these trade-offs link to supply risk?
Chapter 3 Considerations: Forecasting
· What type of forecasting models would be the most appropriate and why?
· How would the forecasting models selected be validated and kept current?
Chapter 4 Considerations: Strategic Capacity Management
· Develop all three dimensions (short, intermediate, and long) of a capacity plan.
Chapter 8 Considerations: Sales and Operation Planning
· Develop a sales plan.
· Develop an aggregate plan.
Chapter 6 Considerations: Manufacturing Processes
Chapter 7 Considerations: Service Processes
· Develop a process flow with areas of risk identified.
· Provide mitigation associations with each identified risk.