HP609 2021 March Week 4 Assignment Latest
HP609 Health Policy, Politics, and Perspectives
Week 4 Assignment
Health Policy Event
The Health Policy Event you choose to attend must be related to the current week’s topics.
Please submit your Health Policy Event Log for Week 4 in one Word document to this assignment. Access the Guidelines for the Health Policy Event Assignment (Word) for full instructions.
Links to Health Policy Events for this Week
Suggested Health Policy Forums related to Week 4 topics from the Harvard School of Public Health and/or the Boston University School of Public Health listed in the Week 4 Health Care Delivery Videos (Word) document.
Explore more recent Harvard School of Public Health Forums.
Explore more recent Boston University School of Public Health Forums.
Explore the webinars of the Annenberg Center for Health Journalism.
Explore the webinars of the American Public Health Association.
Explore the webinars of The Commonwealth Fund.
Explore the webinars of Families USA.
If you find another event you are interested in attending related to the current week’s topics but are unsure if it would be eligible, email your instructor and ask.
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
In Weeks 2–7, you must virtually attend a policy event that is at least approximately 1 hour or longer in length, related to the week’s topic.Virtual health policy events are posted for each weekly modulefrom which you may choose. In addition, you may also identify your own policy event related to the week’s topics.All events selected must have a health policy focus and be relevant to the week’s topics. Events that have primarily a clinical focus are not acceptable. Because events must be relevant to current health policy issues, they should have taken place within the past 3 years. If you are interested in selecting your own event or one that is older thanyears, check with your instructor firstto make sure the event meets the criteria for this assignment.
If you select your own event, you may consider a local Board of Health meeting a legislative or executive branch hearing or meeting on a health policy issue, a meeting by advocacy organization or special interest group, or a meeting of a political party, political group, or political candidate in which a health policy issue is discussed.
Policy Log Guidelines
As a way of demonstrating completion of this course requirement, you must submit, in writing, a policylog that detail certain aspects of each event.
• Each event log should be 2–3 double-spaced pages of text.
• Provide only a brief summary of the topic being discussed (3–5 sentences).
• Your analysis section should be 500 to 750 wordsand be the most developed component of the report. In the analysis section, you can write about the process of policy being made at this event, and/or you can write about the actual health policy issue being discussed/considered. This should primarily be your analysis, and if you refer to an analysis made by an event participant, make that clear in your log.Your analysis should include new information that goes beyond what was discussed in the event.
• Your analysis should integrate course content and readings. Reference at least two sourcesfrom the learning materials in this course or other sources which may include scholarly sources, health policy reports or recent media articles.
• Use APA format for citations and references.