Wilmu MAT205 Week 7 Project Latest 2022 June
MAT205 Intro Survey of Mathematics
Week 7 Project
For all calculations, show your workand/or explain how you used the calculator to compute.
1.Your population is thriving on your island. The data you have collected now needs to be displayed and analyzed. Use the charts you created in the Probability Island project to complete the table below.Use the total number of births per year to fill in chart 3. Round to two decimal places if necessary
Chart 3 – Births
2. Is your standard deviation for a population or a sample? Why did you select that answer?
3. Find the following values using your data from chart 1 on the first project.
First Quartile (Q1)
Third Quartile (Q3)
4. Create a box and whisker plot using the answers from question 3. Be sure to include the number line and label it.
5. Label Graph 1. Using the mean and standard deviation from Chart 3, label the mean. Then label up to 3 standard deviations above and below the mean.
6. a. Find the probability of the number of births annually being less than 1 bycalculating the z-score using the formula the formula z=(x-μ)/σ.
Then use the Area Under a Normal Distribution Curve tableor your calculator (Normalcdf).
b. Find the probability of the number of births annually being greater than 2. Calculate the z-score. Then find the probability by using the Area Under a Normal Distribution Curve table or your calculator.
Solution: Wilmu MAT205 Week 7 Project Latest 2022 June