Week 3 Discussion - Myocardial Infarction (MI)
Week 3 Discussion: Myocardial Infarction (MI) (USLOs 1, 2, 3, 4)
You are the nurse caring for a 48-year Leslie Collins, retired army officer for the United States military, He arrives to the emergency department after experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath. His EKG indicated he had a myocardial infarction (MI). He has a history of hypertension and high cholesterol. He states he used to smoke about 15 years ago, he has no other reported risk factors.
Based on this information, your prior knowledge of this client (refer to medical card from the Collins-Kim family tree interactive), and your knowledge of the pathophysiology of myocardial infarction (MI), respond to the following prompts:
1. Thoroughly explain the pathophysiology of myocardial infarction (MI). Use a scholarly or authoritative source to support your answer.
2. Examine each of the following three factors related to this disease process. Support all three with a scholarly source. cultural financial environmental implications
3. Identify 3-5 priority nursing interventions for the client while in the emergency department.
4. Describe labs and diagnostic testing you would want to include in client’s plan of care and why. What are critical indicators? Support with a scholarly source.
5. What members of the interdisciplinary team need to be included for holistic patient-centered care? Provide a rationale and support with a scholarly source.