Week 1 - Leadership And Ethics For Managers
Leadership And Ethics For Managers Week 1
Your boss, the vice president of operations with Cinco, recently attended a leadership conference where one of the topics that caught his attention was ethics in leadership. As the executive director of training and development, you have been asked to create a report on ethics that discusses the impact of ethical leadership in the workplace.
For Part 1 of the report on ethics, you will create a comparison chart that looks at the role of ethical leadership in an organization, including leadership development, challenges, trends, and the legal and ethical dilemmas impacting organizations of the 21st century.
Comparison charts are graphic visual representations of information, knowledge, or data to present information concisely and clearly. The intent of graphics is to assist the audience with understanding the data presented.
Create a 1-page comparison chart. Use this template: Unit 1 comparison chart template. Include the following in your chart:
- Identify 5–7 leadership styles that support ethical leadership perspectives, such as transformational, servant, and authentic.
- Describe each leadership style.
- Provide 1–2 examples of how the style supports ethical leadership in the workplace.
Provide a 4-page written analysis of the terms you selected for your chart. Include the following in your analysis:
- Examine each style.
- Explain why each style is significant.
- Identify the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities of each leadership style and their impact on team performance.
The assignment should include a 1-page comparison chart and a 4-page analysis. Be sure to cite sources using APA properly; include references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum