Walden SOCW6205 2021 December Week 9 Assignment Latest
SOCW8205/SOCW6205/SOCW 8205/SOCW 6205
SOCW6205 Medical Social Work II
Week 9 Assignment
Understanding Chronic Illness
To Prepare: Interview an individual who has a chronic illness. With the individual’s permission, interview them about what it is like to live with a chronic illness, the most difficult parts of being chronically ill, how they manage their illness, what aspects—if any—frighten them, what kind of social support and family support they have, how willing they would be to try new treatment methods, and which social worker stands out most in their mind (good or bad) and why.
In a 5-6-minute video reflect on the following:
• How did it feel for you to talk candidly with an individual about their illness?
• Who would you say was more uncomfortable talking about it—
you or the person you were interviewing? Why?
• How informed was in the individual about their illness and the treatments and prognosis?
• How supported did this individual feel from the community, and how did that support change from before they became ill?
• What insights did you gain from this experience that you will take into the field as a social worker to help when you work with clients with chronic illnesses?
Include a transcript and/or edit closed captioning on your video to ensure your presentation is accessible to differing abilities.
Solution: Walden SOCW6205 2021 December Week 9 Assignment Latest