Walden SOCW6205 2021 December Week 5 Discussion (dq1+dq2) Latest
SOCW8205/SOCW6205/SOCW 8205/SOCW 6205
SOCW6205 Medical Social Work II
Week 5 Discussion
DQ1 Impact of Caregiving Burden on Caregiver Health
Post by Day 3 a description of the care needed for the illness you selected. Explain the nature of caregiver burden experienced by caregivers of patients with this illness. Describe illness-related factors (e.g., access to care, illness complexity, chronicity, outcomes) that might contribute to caregiver burden. Explain specific interventions that you as a medical social worker might implement to relieve caregiver burden. Identify at least three resources in your local area (county or state) that you might use to address caregiver burden for the chosen illness. Explain how these resources might adequately address caregiver burden.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the resources and the current literature using appropriate APA format and style.
Read a selection of your colleagues' postings.
Respond by Day 5 to at least two different colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
• Provide a constructive critique of your colleague’s post. Offer different perspectives about the caregiver burden for the illness your colleague selected.
• Suggest additional factors that might contribute to caregiver burden that your colleague did not post.
• Provide a constructive critique of the intervention your colleague posted. Identify additional strategies that your colleague did not post for the given illness.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you have learned and/or any insights you have gained as a result of your colleagues' comments.
DQ2 Factors Contributing to Caregiver Burden
To prepare for this Discussion:Consider your own culture and how caregiving is perceived and enacted within your community. Use Kaltura Media to post your video.
By Day 6 post a 5-6-minute video in which you do the following:
• Describe caregiver roles and responsibilities within your family or community.
• Identify how age, gender, marital status, or other identity characteristic determines who performs what type of caregiving role.
• Explain how cultural factors or traits might contribute to or
alleviate caregiver burden, as well as affect caregiver well- being and quality of life. Provide specific examples to justify your response.
• Explain culturally appropriate interventions you might implement to relieve caregiver burden for someone who belongs to this cultural group.
• Explain the importance of culturally sensitive interventions for alleviating caregiver burden. Identity specific steps a social worker can take to advocate for this group.
View a selection of your colleagues’ video postings to learn about different cultural perspectives on caregiving. Peer responses are optional for this discussion You are welcome to comment on peer posts but will not be graded on peer interaction and feedback
Solution: Walden SOCW6205 2021 December Week 5 Discussion (dq1+dq2) Latest