The Healthy People 2020-30 Leading Health Indicators (LHI) were selected and organized using a Health
- Access the HealthyPeople.gov (Links to an external site.) website
The Healthy People 2020-30 Leading Health Indicators (LHI) were selected and organized using a Health Determinants and Health Outcomes by Life Stages conceptual framework. This approach is intended to draw attention to both individual and societal determinants that affect the public’s health and contribute to health disparities from infancy through old age, thereby highlighting strategic opportunities to promote health and improve quality of life for all Americans.
- Review the list of 2020-30 LHI Topics.
- The Leading Health Indicators (LHIs) are composed of 26 indicators organized under 12 topics.
In week 2, you were asked to review your State health report card and identify key health indicators related to health outcomes, health behaviors, and quality of health systems.
- Identify where the week two key health indicator falls in the list of LHI’s.
- Review the three tabs: Overview & Impact, Life Stages & Determinants and Latest Data.
Answer the following questions:
- Identify one topic discussed in the Overview & Impact tab and discuss.
- Identify one topic discussed in the Life Stages & Determinants tab and discuss.
- Identify one topic discussed in the Latest Data tab and discuss.
- How can this information be used to promote and improve the health of individuals, families, communities, and/or populations?
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets the criteria.
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Discussion Peer/Participation Prompt [Due Sunday]
- Respond to at least two other student’s postings with substantive comments.
- Substantive comments add to the discussion and provide your fellow students with information that will enhance the learning environment.
- References and citations should conform to the APA standards.
- Remember: Please respect the opinions of others, even if their views differ. In other words, disagree professionally and respectfully.
- Plagiarism is never acceptable – give credit when credit is due - cite your sources.
Solution: The Healthy People 2020-30 Leading Health Indicators (LHI) were selected and organized using a Health