Oceanography - The Ice Age and Oceanic Development
You can pick any topic related to oceanography, as long as the topic meets the standards of a college-level academic paper. I have also included a list of potential topics below that you may choose from as well.
The paper should be written in APA format. Your paper should also adhere to the following guidelines:
- Your paper does NOT require an abstract page, which is typical of a longer document.
- Your paper SHOULD include a title page and should be formatted with the correct headers and page numbers.
- Your paper should be a minimum of five (5) pages in length, Times New Roman 10-12 font, double-spaced.
- Your paper must include a minimum of three (3) academic resources, properly cited in APA format.
Possible Topic Ideas (You are NOT required to use these. Choose what you are interested in)
- The Ice Age and Oceanic Development
- Undersea Volcanic Activity
- Deep Sea Sedimentation
- Dissolved Organic Matter in the Ocean
- Ocean Erosion
- Water Circulation Patterns in Fjords
- Salinity Processes in the Indian Ocean
- Hydrothermal Vents
- Colonization of the Ocean Floor
- Ocean Reefs and Biodiversity
- Changing Dynamics of the Ocean’s Food Web
- Comparison of Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
- The Origin of Ocean Water
- Marine Chemistry (salt, oxygen, carbon dioxide, trace elements)
- Icebergs and Sea Ice
- Wave Transport of Sediment and Beach Formation
- Coastal Erosion and Deposition
- Geothermal Processes on the Ocean Floor (Mineral Formation)
- Life in the Deep Sea
- Upwelling of Deep Water
- Sea Currents
- The Tides
- Use of Remote Sensing in Oceanography
- Oxygen Isotopes in Deep Sea Cores
- Ocean Impacts on the Atmosphere
- Sea Level Rise
- Past, Present and Future
- Ocean Acidification
- Ocean Mining
- History of Ocean Exploration