In addition, you have selected one or more of the resources that provide news
Current Informational Resources
Read the Discussion Participation Scoring Guide to learn how the instructor will evaluate your discussion participation throughout this course.
In preparation for your coursework, you have accessed and subscribed to the list of five required resources, as outlined in your second study for Unit 1. In addition, you have selected one or more of the resources that provide news on the latest innovations and trends in the health care industry. For this discussion, you will share specific information you discovered from these resources.
In your initial post:
- List the online resources you chose to connect with and support your learning in this course so far.
- Discuss a specific example of information you found interesting as you investigated these resources.
- Identify the source of the information and provide a direct link or citation in current APA style to ensure your peers can access it as well.
The Future of Leadership in Healthcare
Refer directly to your Niles text readings and the Collections: Films and Videos from the U.S. National Library of Medicine to complete your main post.
Browse the video collection to choose one film or video to discuss in depth. In your post:
- Share information about the video: the date, content, intended audience, and the relationship of the video to a historical milestone from Chapter 1 in your Niles text.
- Discuss how the content or topic covered in the video relates to healthcare in today’s world.
- Be sure to include a direct link to the film or video in your post, using current APA style and format.
Course Reflection Journal
As an adult learner, it can be a challenge to find time at the end of each unit to fully reflect on what you studied, wrote, and discussed in that unit. A Course Reflection Journal is integrated directly into each unit of this course to support you in doing just that.
Each week, you will reflect back on your most valuable unit takeaways, and record your reflections in an interactive Course Reflection Journal. In the journal, you will:
- Discuss the most valuable learning experience(s) related to the unit, including include facts, concepts, insights, or ideas derived from the course content, outside research, your professor, your peers or professionals in the field.
- Discuss knowledge, awareness, or skills you gained that may be applicable to your current or future career.
- Discuss ideas, material, research, and topics of interest you may want to revisit in the future.
- Create a list of resources for future reference (articles, authors, Web sites, professional organizations, research studies, publications, and so on).
Review the Course Reflection Journal Scoring Guide (listed in Resources) to understand how your entries will be graded. Note: To earn a grade of Distinguished, you will need to create an annotated list of resources. (See information on how to create the Annotated Bibliography listed in Resources.)
Feel free to add your thoughts to the journal whenever you come across something you think is valuable and want to save it. Be sure to go back into the journal at the end of each week to complete and review your entries, so that you are reflecting on all of your learning experiences for the unit.
It is easiest to type your journal entries directly into the Course Reflection Journal rather than copying and pasting text from Word. You can save your journal entries at any point, and add to and edit them later. You do not need to complete all of your entries for the week in one sitting.
You will begin your entries in your journal this week, in Unit 1.
By successfully completing this discussion, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 1: Examine the history and evolution of current U.S. and global healthcare delivery systems and structures.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for a member of the business professions.