Crime And Society - What role does geographic location play
Crime And Society
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, listen to the interview with Stephen B. Bright, The Quality of a Legal Defense: Does it Matter if You’re Rich or Poor?Links to an external site. Additionally, read chapters 3 and 4 from the textbook. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and at least one other scholarly resource. Please properly cite in the body of your work and at the end of your work your required references. Use the UAGC Writing CenterLinks to an external site.’s Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. and Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resources for additional guidance. Please respond to the following items:
- What role does geographic location play in the quality of representation provided by the public defender?
- How does the overburdened public defense system contribute to issues of wrongful conviction?
- Contrast the legal representation described by Bright to the level of representation available to white-collar, corporate, and environmental crimes.
- Considering the “war on drugs,” discuss what role the “war on drugs” might play in contributing to an overburdened public defense system?
- What relationship exists between race, the war on drugs, and the overburdened public defender system?
- How can we solve the problems of an overburdened public defense system and racial discrimination in the criminal justice system?