Association for Educational Communications and Technology
This discussion is an opportunity to sharpen your skills in writing cover letters and to practice using concepts and vocabulary associated with various applications of instructional design skills and knowledge, such as eLearning. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, you must locate a job posting for an instructional design position. A few useful sites for locating ID job announcements are the following:
· Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) Featured Jobs Links to an external site.
· ATD Job BankAssociation for Talent Development (ATD) Job Bank Links to an external site.
· International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) Featured Jobs Links to an external site.
· International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Featured Jobs Links to an external site.
· Indeed Job Search Links to an external site.
· HigherEdJobs Links to an external site.
In your Initial post,
· State the position you’re interested in.
· Explain why you are interested in the position with specific details about the position, organization, or company.
· Explain what you will bring to the position, organization, or company.
· Utilize instructional design principles and vocabulary when explaining your qualifications.
Critical Thinking Guidance: To help meet the critical thinking requirement, your post should do at least one of the following:
· analyze or evaluate information,
· make connections to other concepts in the class,
· provide examples that support your thoughts and viewpoints,
· share personal experiences relevant to the post,
· cite sources that support what you are stating in your post, or
· offer alternative viewpoints