Ashford PPA605 Final paper
Question # 00027495 Posted By: Updated on: 10/05/2014 08:09 AM Due on: 10/30/2014
Consider a real life bargaining and negotiation situation that involves two parties and the multiple issues to be negotiated that has already occurred, currently in progress, or will occur in the near future in your personal life or at work. Be sure to address the following:
1. Describe the situation and negotiation environment.
2. Identify the parties (e.g., yourself, the persons on your side, and/or the opposing parties) including the bargaining positions.
3. Present the type of third party intervention and procedures if required, (e.g., arbitration or mediation).
4. Explain how the Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA) is derived.
5. Evaluate the theoretical models, methods, sources of power, and analytical procedures required to be utilized in the negotiation process.
6. Examine the mechanics of the procedures in terms of framing, packaging, use of questions, and types of proposals.
7. Assess the strategies utilized and the results achieved and/or anticipated in the settlement.
Writing the Final Paper
1.Must be 10 double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide. Title, reference, and any exhibits or appendices are not counted in the paper length
3. Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.5 .Must end with a conclusion paragraph that reaffirms your thesis.6. Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.8 .Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.9. Must be written in the third person.