You were recently hired as the fleet safety manager for a small
You were recently hired as the fleet safety manager for a small distribution company in the Midwest. Your small company just received a compliance, safety, and accountability (CSA) score of 81. Last month, your score was 77. Upper management has requested a review of the scores and your analysis of the company’s fleet safety performance.
- Is that a good or bad score? Is a higher score better (like basketball), or is a lower score better (like golf)?
- If it is a good score, what will you do to sustain your success?
- If it is a bad score, describe what you are going to do to improve your score and to avoid having your fleet shutdown.
- Recommend benchmarking and record-keeping systems for the company.
- Identify performance incentives that you think would benefit the company’s fleet safety.