Week 10 Assignment - Vice President Of Operations, Part 3
Business Finance - Economics Week 10 Assignment - Vice President Of Operations, Part 3
Present the following findings to your chief executive officer based on the scenario from the first two assignments.
As the vice president of operations, you have noticed that your organization's current operations strategy is not supporting the challenges that the organization is presently facing. In order to maintain a competitive edge, you must address these challenges with your chief executive officer immediately.
Select an existing production organization. Analyze the organization's current vision, mission, business strategy, operation strategy, supply chain, total quality management, just-in-time philosophy, forecasting method, statistical technique, facility location, work design, project life cycle, and project management.
Create a presentation in a common format (PowerPoint or a similar program) with a minimum of 20 slides and corresponding speaker notes in which you:
- Determine which statistical technique you will employ to measure the quality characteristics of your organization. Provide examples to support the rationale.
- Analyze the current facility location, then use the three-step procedure to determine a new location.
- Analyze the key concepts related to capacity planning and facility location for the new location.
- Examine the current work system design and determine your organization's selected feasibility in the job design (i.e., technical, economic, behavioral). Assess key elements of the rationale in the work design competitive advantage.
- Using the method analysis described in the textbook, defend the new change implementation process and the rationale for the change of method.
- Develop a diagram showing network planning techniques using the program evaluation and review technique (PERT) and the critical path method (CPM).
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source slide at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Critique an organization's quality characteristics, facility location, work system design, and project life cycle and management techniques in order to provide a summary with recommendations to an executive.