Evidence-Based Leadership Presentation
Evidence-Based Leadership Presentation
The ability to deliver professional, persuasive, and thoughtful presentations is an indispensable skill for leaders. For this assignment, you will create a slide presentation in which you apply an EBL framework to organizational challenges and deliver your work to key stakeholders, outlining the steps for creating the necessary organizational change.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze contemporary healthcare issues from an evidence-based leadership perspective.
- Outline the historical background leading to the organizational management or leadership issue or crisis.
- Competency 2: Apply evidence-based leadership principles to problem-solving in real-world healthcare organizations.
- Integrate an organization's current management or leadership issue or crisis into an EBL framework.
- Explain how the components of an EBL framework have been applied to an organization.
- Competency 3: Propose evidence-based leadership actions and strategic planning options that promote positive behavioral change, collaboration, workforce performance, and outcomes in contemporary healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate operational efficiency metrics to determine current and future organizational performance.
- Provide an overview of suggested changes that organizational leaders should implement or address in resolving a specific issue or crisis.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences in an appropriate form and style consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
- Deliver a concise multimedia presentation to organizational executive leadership, outlining the steps for creating the necessary organizational change.
Your work on this consulting project continues. You have completed the foundational research and analyzed all available data. You are now ready to present your findings to organizational stakeholders. Organizational leaders have asked that you record your presentation for those who cannot attend a live meeting. They want to hear what you have discovered to date as well as your recommendations for moving forward.
- Apply an EBL framework to the organizational challenges you analyzed in the Week 4 assignment.
- Develop and record a concise multimedia presentation of the EBL framework and the steps for creating the necessary organizational change for key stakeholders.
- Refer to the helpful links in Resources as you prepare your presentation.
- Your presentation should last no more than 10 minutes.
Presentation Format and Length
You may use PowerPoint or other suitable presentation software to create your slides. If you elect to use an application other than PowerPoint, check with your instructor to avoid file compatibility issues.
Your slide deck should consist of 12–15 content slides plus title, questions, and references slides. Use the speaker's notes section of each slide to develop your talking points and cite your sources as appropriate.
Be sure that your slide deck includes the following:
- Title slide.
- Presentation title.
- Your name.
- Course number and title.
- Background on the organizational challenges.
- Graphics to provide a visualization of the EBL framework.
- Application of each step of the EBL framework to the organization.
- Operational efficiency metrics or benchmarks.
- An overview of suggested changes.
- Summarize key points.
- Thank the audience for their time and consideration.
- Add a slide to prompt audience questions.
- References (at the end of your presentation).
Cite at least five credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your presentation.
The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the rubric, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Outline the historical background leading to the current organizational management or leadership issue or crisis.
- Integrate the organization's current issue or crisis into an EBL framework.
- Depict the integration visually.
- Explain how you have applied the components of the EBL framework to the organization.
- Evaluate at least three operational efficiency benchmarks to determine current and future organizational performance.
- Point out relevant industrywide standards or goals.
- Explain evidence to justify these metrics.
- Provide an overview of your suggested changes that leaders in the organization should implement or address in resolving the specific situation, issue, or crisis.
- Describe the rationale for your change recommendations.
- Identify evidence to support your recommendations.
- Deliver a concise multimedia presentation to executive leaders in the organization, outlining the steps for creating the necessary organizational change.
- Present a compelling argument that supports your suggested changes.
- Support your conclusions and recommendations with relevant and credible evidence.