Environmental Science - Environmental Issues Activity
Environmental Issues Activity
Please ensure you have already completed the Sustainability Activity assignment before beginning this assignment.
There are many environmental issues facing our planet today. Unfortunately, many of the environmental issues we face are occurring right where we live.
The purpose of this assignment is to become familiar with an environmental issue affecting your local community. After viewing the introductory video for the assignment, you should use the Southern Environmental Law Center (link/website provided below) to explore current environmental issues in the Southeast United States. You will be able to choose an issue to research from the site and report on the issue of interest based on the resources provided.
1. Please watch this National Geographic Video to introduce you to the concepts for this assignment.
2. Please review the Southern Environmental Law Center web page and view issues related to the environment in the Southeastern United States. You'll notice you can view by the issues (in the blocks on the main page) or you can click on the "Our States" link on that main homepage and find issues related to a specific state, including Georgia.
3. Using this website, investigate current environmental issues affecting the Southeastern United States. After previewing the website, choose one environmental issue affecting the Southeastern United States as the focus of your Environmental Issues Activity. Use the questions below (#5) to organize your written response.
4. The written response should be crafted with the following specifications:
· a narrative format
· use at least three reliable sources to assist in crafting the narratives
· one of the three required sources may be the Southern Environmental Law Center, the other two must be different.
· cite your research/information gained ( APA format) from your outside resources and include references at the end of the assignment
5. In your narrative, please use the questions below to guide your research, create your narratives and complete your Environmental Activities Issues. You should address all of the following questions:
· Please describe the topic that you chose for your assignment and explain why you chose that particular topic.
· Why is this an important environmental topic? Who/what/where is affected by this issue?
· What can be done to lessen the impact or begin to remediate your environmental issue?