Approaches To Preventing Violence - Challenging norms supportive
Approaches To Preventing Violence
For this discussion, you will begin by reading section 3, Challenging norms supportive of violence: examples of interventions, from the article https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/44147/9789241598330_eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
. You will need to select ONE of the approaches reviewed in the article and then answer the Discussion Questions below:
- social norms,
- mass media interventions, or
- banning corporal punishment to discuss.
You should provide an initial response by selecting ONE of the 3 approaches presented in the article discussing:
- the feasibility of implementing this type of approach for one type of violence (i.e. domestic violence, intimate partner violence, gun violence, etc.) covered in this lesson,
- a current example of such an approach, and
- how effective this approach has been.
Include the name of the approach you will be discussing in the title of your post.