Module 6 - Data Visualization
The chart you select to represent your data will be influenced by many factors. Kirk (2016) has put each chart into the five main families below:
- Categorical: Comparing categories and distributions of quantities values
- Hierarchical: Charting part-to-whole relationships and hierarchies
- Relational: Graphing relationships to explore correlations and connections
- Temporal: Showing trends and activities over time
- Spatial: Mapping spatial patterns through overlays and distortions
Select a chart type from the text and discuss what the chart is used for and why you selected it. (The author has included a lot of different chart types in our course book).