The constitutional rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights are most highly protected during the trial stage of a criminal proceeding. This is when the adversarial process, which characterizes the U.S. criminal justice process, is at its peak. Analyze and evaluate the steps which would bring an individual to trial beginning with the arrest phase of the process.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Identify and discuss the four (4) elements of arrest.
- Identify and discuss the four (4) requirements for search and seizure with a warrant.
- Explain the various aspects of the plain view doctrine.
- Compare and contrast the various means of identifying suspects.
- Summarize the basic constitutional rights of the accused during trial.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources