Assignment 1: World View Chart Writing
Due Week 10 and worth 235 points
This assignment uses the information
you have gathered for your weekly World View
Chart Assignments. Choose one (1)
category (origin of all things, nature of god,
view of human nature, view of good and
evil, etc.) from the chart to focus on for
this assignment. Consider how the
selected aspect relates to each of the religions
covered and to your own social or work
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper
in which you:
- Select one (1) category from the completed
World View Chart. Provide a
rationale for choosing this category.
- Describe the selected content and explain
the significance of the selected
category across the religions studied.
- Provide one (1) specific example of how the
selected category is manifested in
your social environment.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources as
references for the assignment and
document your sources using APA Style
for in-text citations and references. Note:
Wikipedia and similar Websites do not
qualify as quality resources.
- Write clearly and coherently using correct
grammar, punctuation, spelling, and
Your assignment must:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and
references must follow APA or school-specific
format. Check with your professor for
any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of
the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course
title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes
associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze what is meant by religion.
- Analyze the similarities and differences in
the primary beliefs held by major
religious traditions and the cultures
in which these religions evolved.
- Describe the varieties of religious
experience and practice in a wide range of
- Recognize how daily life within various
religions and current affairs are
influenced by religion.
- Develop written pieces that demonstrate an
analysis of a topic relevant to the
- Use technology and information resources to
research issues in religion.
- Write clearly and concisely about world
religions using proper writing mechanics.