NR439 RN Evidence-Based Practice
Week 5 Research Designs A Critical Element for a Credible Nursing Practice
A baccalaureate nurse understands, relates, and values the fundamental elements of research, process, and designs as a foundation for an evidence-based practice (AACN, 2008; QSEN, 2018).
This assignment will be uploaded automatically to Turnitin when you submit your assignment.
Turnitin is now more closely integrated with Canvas. Overall, you will find Turnitin assignments easier to use, but the steps to submit an assignment have changed somewhat. Directions are as follows:
1. Click the orange “Submit Assignment” button at the top of the page to open the upload window.
2. Click on “Choose File” to select your assignment file you want to upload.
3. Check the box to agree to the Turnitin End-User License Agreement.
4. Click “Submit Assignment.”
5. Your Turnitin report will be visible in the “Grades” section of your course.
TII file upload diagram
Please refer to the pages below for more information about these changes.
• Turnitin Submitting a Paper (Links to an external site.) explains how to submit a file.
• Turnitin Assignment Student View (Links to an external site.) lets you submit a paper, then view feedback on the file you have submitted.
• Turnitin Viewing Instructor Feedback (Links to an external site.) helps you view your instructor feedback.
Please contact your instructor if you have any questions.
This assignment provides a learning activity for students to demonstrate understanding of quantitative and qualitative research, the purpose and importance of designs, and how research is critical for creating a credible evidence-based nursing practice.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
CO5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)