1. ____________________ is the process of
planning and creating a program.
2. A(n) ____________________ is a memory
location whose contents can be changed.
3. A(n) ____________________ is a collection of
statements, and when it is activated, or executed, it accomplishes something.
4. ____________________ functions are those that
have already been written and are provided as part of the system.
5. ____________________ rules determine the
meaning of instructions.
6. ____________________ can be used to identify
the authors of the program, give the date when the program is written or
modified, give a brief explanation of the program, and explain the meaning of key
statements in a program.
7. The smallest individual unit of a program
written in any language is called a(n) ____________________.
8. In a C++ program, ____________________ are used
to separate special symbols, reserved words, and identifiers.
9. The ____________________ type is C++ ’s
method for allowing programmers to create their own simple data types.
10. The memory space for a(n)
____________________ data value is 64 bytes.
11. The maximum number of significant digits is
called the ____________________.
12. When a value of one data type is
automatically changed to another data type, a(n) ____________________ type
coercion is said to have occurred.
13. A(n) ____________________ is a sequence of
zero or more characters.
14. In C++, you can use a(n) ____________________
to instruct a program to mark those memory locations in which data is fixed
throughout program execution.
15. A data type is called ____________________ if
the variable or named constant of that type can store only one value at a time.