Write a career reflection report (Rhetorical Communication class). In this case you detail how at least 2 main concepts of rhetoric would be useful in your career path. For this project you need to locate a profession(Psychology, Behavioral Therapy), offer some minor context on the profession. Then in some structured fashion outline how you can or will incorporate rhetorical techniques in this occupation.
Requirements: 5-8 page paper. Bibliography 4-6 sources
Concepts available (to name a few) :
- Vico and human ingenium
- De Scudery rhetoric in social situations
- Kenneth Burke and identification, comic frame, terministic screens, consubstantiality
- Bitzer’s rhetorical situation (8 mile)
- Bahktin: parody and carnival; heteroglossia
- Foucault and power, confession, sexuality, surveillance
- Judith Butler, gender performativity
- Gates and African american signifying
- Final Paper Abstract : An abstract is a brief summary of what your final paper intends to discuss. In the abstract you preview your topic, declare your thesis, and explain how you will go about “proving” your thesis.
- Annotated bibliography: An annotated bibliography is a list of citations to books, articles, and documents you will use in your final paper. Each citation is followed by a brief (usually about 150 words) descriptive and evaluative paragraph, the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited. You will look up sources related to the text you plan on incorporating into your final paper. Minimum of four
- Final Paper: It will need to be...
- Career Application: explain how a rhetorical concept/theory could be applied in the workplace. Such as: How can the Aristotelian artistic proofs be applied to self branding?