Communication for Leaders1. Discuss the concept of emotional intelligence, and
justify its importance within the organizational culture.
2. Do you see a value in the use of the Myers-Briggs Type
Indicator (MBTI) as a means of increasing employee self-awareness? Justify your
position with support from the text and/or additional academic sources.
3. Discuss the interdependence of cultural variables and
their impact on communication across cultures.
4. Compare and contrast the impact of cultural collectivism
and individualism as they relate to leader communication.
5. Explain the factors responsible for the failure of some
teams to operate as effectively as possible and identify things that can be
done to build successful teams.
6. Discuss the importance of purpose when evaluating the
need for a meeting.
7. Describe how and why a matrix measuring conflict-handling
modes can be used by mediators to assist in managing conflict created within
Barrett, D.J. Leadership Communication (2011).