Create a writing addressing the following five prompts:
- What is your previous public speaking experience before the SPCH 219 course?
- Do you have more traditional public speaking experience presenting in-person in front of a live audience, or do you have more experience presenting using 21st century mediums?
- Describe the way you typically approach preparing for a presentation.
- Describe your level of public speaking anxiety.
- Discuss how strong presentation skills will help you in the future in your education and/or career.
Create a slideshow using the program you are most comfortable with - Microsoft PowerPoint®, Apple Keynote®, Google Slides, etc. You will build a slideshow addressing the following prompts:
- After reviewing Module 1: Readings, Videos, and Lessons, what are the 3 most important take-aways you learned from Chapter 1 and Chapter 4 inThe Art of Public Speaking?
- What are the 3 most important take-aways you learned from reading Chapter 1 of Nancy Duarte'sResonateand "How Technology Has Changed Public Speaking?"
- A presenter should create engaging content - the message he or she delivers to the audience. Based on your previous experience, describe 3 important characteristics speech content that you find engaging. Share specific examples from speeches you've watched.