Bio Assessment 6 - What is environmental health
Bio Assessment 6
The purpose of this assessment is to consider aspects of what makes a healthy city and to integrate your research to provide strategies for individuals and communities to improve environmental health.
To begin, suppose you are working with your city planner to develop a healthy city initiative for your city (or a city near you). You are tasked with developing a report that will be presented to your city council.
Craft a 4–5-page written document that could be presented to your city council, addressing the following points:
- What is environmental health?
- Why is creating a healthy city important to environmental health?
- What could your city do to become a healthy city?
- What would be the obstacles to change, and why are they obstacles?
- What financial issues would have to be considered?
- How would these changes benefit you, your family, and your community?
- What could your city do to become better prepared for disasters, both natural and human-made?
- Why should environmental health be considered an individual concern? Why should it be considered a global concern?
- What could you or your family do—in your home, your neighborhood, and your workplace—to reduce your personal impact on the environmental health of your city?
- Written Communication:Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: The report should be 4–5 pages in content length. Include a separate title page and a separate references page.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12-point, double-spaced. Use Microsoft Word.
- APA Formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of Resources: You are required to cite a minimum of 2 scholarly resources. You may conduct independent research for resources and references to support your report. Provide a reference list and in-text citations for all of your resources, in APA format. You may cite texts and authors from the Resources.