Ab Psy 1 Neurotransmitter or hormone imbalance
Ab Psy 1
There are a variety of views that postulate the causes of abnormal behavior. To begin this assignment:
- Select a theory from the biological or psychological point of view and use it to describe the cause of an abnormal behavior. Support your discussion of the theory with at least 3 resources, two of them peer-reviewed journal articles.
Potential biological points of view could include:
Potential psychological points of view could include:
- Psychoanalytic theory.
- Ego psychology.
- Objects-relations theory.
- Classical conditioning.
- Instrumental conditioning.
- Humanistic perspective.
- Existential perspective.
- Cognitive-behavioral perspective.
In your paper, you should cover the following:
- Describe your theory in detail and how the theory views behavior in general.
- Explain how your theory describes the cause of your selected abnormal behavior.
- Compare and contrast the point of view you chose with the sociocultural viewpoint.
- How might they view the abnormal behavior similarly?
- How might they view the abnormal behavior differently?
- Describe the benefits or drawbacks to applying multiple theories to defining abnormal behavior.
- Title page: Include your name, course, date, and instructor.
- Reference: Text book and two peer-reviewed journal articles. Additional references may be used.
- Written communication:Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Submit your paper to the assignment area for grading.