Discussion - Definitions And Principles Of Power
Discussion Question: Definitions And Principles Of Power
Unit 1: Definitions and Principles of Power
follow all the instructions ,No plagiarism ,good grammar , minim 350 words
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- categorize power relations as positive sum, zero sum, and negative sum;
- recognize the “three faces of power”;
- identify the close relationship between power and freedom;
- compare influence as a quasi-form of power to other forms of power;
- recognize power as an instrument versus as an end; and
- assess the influence of historical and mythical precedents to power.
Positive-, Zero-, and Negative-Sum Power Relations
Give examples from the last month or so where you participated in a positive-sum, a zero-sum, and a negative-sum power relation. Describe what motivated you to participate in a negative-sum or a zero-sum relation? Are there factors other than “power” that we should be considering?
Resources & Readings