Discussion Covert Action And Intelligence
Textbook: Chapter 1, 2
- Link (PDF): Relations between intelligence services and policymakers: An analysis of challenges and their causes
- Link (website): Wanted: A definition of “intelligence”
You have been presented with several definitions of intelligence and the intelligence process in the lectures and readings. One of the themes for this week’s readings is building a universal understanding of intelligence and the intelligence process.
In your initial post, please explain what your idea is about intelligence and the intelligence process. If you were invited to make a presentation on intelligence, how would you explain your position during a panel discussion? What examples support your idea? What examples do you not consider to be part of the intelligence process?
Read postings provided by your instructor or fellow students. Read and respond to the conclusions drawn by your classmates. Remember to read the feedback to your own major postings and reply throughout the week.
- In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post
- Using APA format, provide at least one citation with corresponding references page and use appropriate in-text citation(s) referring to the academic concept for the initial post.
Grading and Assessment
Meeting the minimum number of posting does not guarantee an A; you must present an in-depth discussion of high quality, integrate sources to support your assertions, and refer to peers’ comments in your secondary posts to build on concepts.
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric.
Learning Outcome(s): 6
6. Identify and explain the intelligence cycle and apply the cycle to various situations.