NR524 Curriculum Development
Week 2 Assignment
Mission and Philosophy Statement Paper
The purpose of this assignment is toa) develop a mission statement, b) identify and develop a program philosophy, c) identify collaborative input from classmates in the development of a mission and philosophy statement and d) demonstrate skills in the development and articulation of ideas in a scholarly manner.
Assignment Criteria for the Paper:
1. Mission statement reflects original work of the student.
2. Mission statement reflects uniqueness of the nursing program and is congruent with the mission statement of the parent institution.
3. Mission statement is clear, concise, and succinct and includes teaching, service, and research (scholarship). Remember, mission statements can be as short as one sentence but may be a little longer once all key elements are included.
4. Philosophy flows from the mission statement, and both are congruent with the parent institution. The mission should guide the philosophy.
5. Changes to the initial mission and philosophy statements are identified, based on peer collaboration from the discussion threads.
6. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing and APA format as expressed in the 6th edition