In this signature assignment, you will have the opportunity to expand on the concepts indicated below. There are five different concept areas. Write a paper to address each of the following:
- Compare and contrast the various computing architectures, and explain several major advantages of the client/server architecture, while including its limitations and challenges.
- Interpret the concepts of data and information security, explain how security is established in a client / server environment and what security issues are raised and addressed in a web-enabled database .ncu.edu/homework/details?assignmentid=212844&learnerCourseId=419531#">application.
- Analyze “web services”. Describe the potential benefits to widespread deployment of web services of various types and the issues currently associated with that deployment.
- Compare and contrast the following terms (contrasting where appropriate): .ncu.edu/homework/details?assignmentid=212844&learnerCourseId=419531#">data warehouse, data mart, derived data, data mining, star schema, fact and dimensions.
- Investigate the components of a data warehouse architecture, the .ncu.edu/homework/details?assignmentid=212844&learnerCourseId=419531#">types of metadata that are necessary for a data warehouse and the five major trends that necessitate data warehousing in many organizations, giving an example of how data warehousing would be useful to at least one existing organization.
Support your paper with at least five (5) resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included. Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral .ncu.edu/homework/details?assignmentid=212844&learnerCourseId=419531#">University's Academic Integrity Policy.
Length: 5-7 pages (not including title and reference pages).