Big Sky Mining Company must install $1.5 million of new machinery
19.6 Big Sky Mining Company must install $1.5 million of new machinery in its Nevada mine. It can obtain a bank loan for 100% of the purchase price, or it can lease the machinery. Assume the following facts
(1) The machinery falls into the MACRS 3-year class
(2) Under either the lease or the purchase, Big Sky must pay for insurance, property taxes, and maintenance.
(3) The firm's tax rate is 25%
(4) The loan would have an interest rate of 15%. It would be nonamortizing, with only interest paid at the end of each year for four years and the principle repaid at Year 4.
(5) The lease terms call for $400,000 payments at the end of each of the next 4 years.
(6) Big Sky Mining has no use for the machine beyond the expiration of the lease, and the machine has an estimated residual value of $250,000 at the end of the 4th year.
a.) What is the cost of owning?
b.) What is the cost of leasing?
c.) What is the NAL of the lease?
do you have this answeer
financial management theory and practice 16e is the book