1000 wordsUsing at least 3 legal, government, and academic sources to find and identify different government and academic definitions of terrorism, create a User Guide.
Include at least 3 different definitions of terrorism, and identify the following for each:
- The government organization or author who defines the concept
- The definition of terrorism that is provided
- A list of the elements that are found in the definition based on the elements also found in Schmid’s research (See Hoffman text, p. 34)
In your User Guide, include a short analysis explaining the reasoning for the differences in the definitions and their implications. Include the following:
- Compare and contrast these definitions.
- How are they the same?
- How are they different?
- How do these definitions limit counterterrorism operations?
Use any or all of these definitions to designate a specific organization or nation state as a terrorist. Use the actionsof the group, not its rhetoric, to justify your conclusions.
Part 2: Compare and Contrast Chart
Use the readings and other sources to create a chart showing the differences between terrorists, guerrillas, saboteurs, and criminals, and explain the areas of overlap in a short analysis. Use examples, and cite all appropriate sources using necessary APA formatting.