- Economics in One Lesson Chapters 1-4
***VIRTUAL ESSAY ASSIGNMENT: PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- There is no macroeconomics without microeconomics. Evaluate this statement and what it matters for all policy considerations including international security and the spread of democratic institutions?
- How does international trade affect economic growth and comparative advantage? Discuss the benefits and costs. How might increased trade with a rogue state or “enemy” change strategic relationships?
September 14, 2018 “Exchange and Prices”
Leonard Read, I, Pencil (.fee.org/library/books/i-pencil-2/">Link) (2 pages)
Russ Roberts: “.econlib.org/library/Columns/y2007/Robertsprices.html">Where do Prices come from?” (2 Pages)
Basic Economics Chapters 1-4 (pages 1-62)
Economic Freedom Executive Summary .fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/economic-freedom-of-the-world-2016-exec-summary.pdf">https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/economic-freedom-of-the-world-2016-exec-summary.pdf
Examining the Hayek-Friedman Hypothesis on Political and Economic Freedom .sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167268110000430">http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167268110000430
- Why is it important and relevant that no one person can make a pencil?
- What is the concept of interdependency and how does it apply to our daily lives?
- What are the five pillars for measuring Economic Freedom?
- What are some of the outcomes of Economic Freedom?
- What is an emergent order and can it be made using policy changes?