for a HR consulting company and an organization (just like the one in which you
currently work, have worked, or have access to) has hired your firm to conduct
an HRM analysis and make recommendations to better align HR practices to the
key business initiatives of the company. In order to accomplish the goal:
1. Analyze the organization and develop a set of HRM practices based upon
textbook illustrations and figures. You will develop an 8-10 page
research paper (not
including the title and reference pages) modeling one or more of the
illustrations from the course text. Your paper should also:
- Identify the firm’s history,
strategy, market position, and specific area of alignment.
- Provide job pricing and
- Describe and analyze the current
and targeted work processes as well as the respective knowledge, skills,
and abilities (KSAs) required achieving the organization’s objectives.
- Incorporate a discussion of
relevant technology considerations to achieve work output in the context
of the organization’s goals.
- Provide a discussion of the labor
market and the appropriate labor law context. Identification of
companies that are preparing to address the changes.
- Prescribe a set of HRM
recommendations, specifically tailored for the selected firm, consisting
of choices from the 19 dimension of an HRM system presented in Chapter 3
of the course text.
- Describe other HRM issues as
2. In addition to the requirements above, your paper:
- Must be double-spaced and 12 point
- Must be formatted according to APA
- Must include an introductory
paragraph with a thesis statement
- Must conclude with a restatement
of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph
- Must reference at least eight
- Must include a reference page
written in APA format
Dreher, G., & Dougherty, T. (2002). Human
resource strategy: A behavioral perspective for the general managerBoston, MA :
McGraw-Hill/Irwin. ISBN 0256211892