you will explore aspects of your personal experience and/or beliefs regarding significant public policies and what you have learned in your readings. As you reflect, please address the following questions:
- There are several federal welfare programs such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Section 8 Housing Assistance, Food Stamps, Medicaid, among others. Pick two of these policies and describe:
- What social problem they are intended to address
- What population they serve
- Assess the strengths and any issues of each program.
- For each program, do you think it is working well? If so, why? If not, what alternative program would you recommend to address the same social issue?
- What were your thoughts about federal welcome programs prior to reading this week's reading assignment?
- How has your perspective been either reinforced or changed now that you are more informed?