1. Examine the social constructs of feeling, gender, and
humor. How do these relate to the presentation of self? Provide examples that
show the correlation between the influence of society and how we present
2. How do different groups influence a person's presentation
of self? Take into account the different factors of a group, such as group
size, leadership, group conformity, and social diversity. You do not need to go
in-depth about each, but address a few.
3. How important do you believe social interaction is in the
socialization process? Examine and explain the idea of a status, and determine
which one you believe is most influential in socialization. Make sure to
provide rich, beneficial examples.
4. According to Macionis (2011), socialization is the
process by which people learn culture and develop their human potential. How do
you believe social isolation hinders the development of an individual's human
5. Examine the challenges related to the evolution of formal
organizations. How does the changing nature of work benefit (or hinder) the
6. Identify the role of the family in the upbringing of a
child, and determine its importance as a primary social group. Identify the
characteristics of a secondary group and why it would be detrimental for a
primary group, such as a family, to become a secondary group.